Several factors may cause backup errors (firewalls, quota allocation, agent version / functionality among others). Error messages can be confirmed through your Internap R1Soft Backup service account or if you receive an email similar to this:
To begin troubleshooting, follow these steps:
- Log in to your R1Soft account at the CDP server provided by Internap’s tech support when initially configured the backup solution. If you have a dedicated backup server log in the R1Soft account of that server.
- Go to the ‘Servers & Policies’ tab, click on the ‘Failed’ policy (number in red).
- Click on the ‘Detail’ magnifying glass icon.
- The failed backup information will be available in the Alerts. Three possible fixes are available, depending on the error:
- Once you have eliminated the issue, confirm your backups are running properly by repeating steps 1 through 4.
- Click on the failed policy and ‘RUN NOW’ (blue forward icon).
- The policy should run immediately and within a few minutes you should see the successful log.